2.2
Style and Design

Was told at the store that the warranty I purchased should cover everything. The sofa after a year or so began developing cracks, splits and tears.

Was given the number of the warranty company, who told me the warranty I'd purchased, despite what I'd been told, only covered accidental damage and nothing else.

I was then told I would have to take it up with American Freight.

I spoke to one territory manager, who told me the territory manager over the store I'd purchased the sofa at would have the final say as to how, and if, they would assist me.

To me, that is wrong. However many territory managers there are in a company, they all have a boss. HE should be considered the one to make the final say on offering a customer satisfaction.

I was called back by the territory manager governing the store where I'd purchased the sofa. He told me the best he could offer me was either a 20 to 30% discount on a new sofa, with none of the nearly $900.00 I'd spent on the defective sofa being credited toward that, or he could contact the manufacturer to see if they'd agree to extend their warranty protecting against inherent defects to the full length of my five year warranty.

I agreed. However, if that turns out to not be doable according to him , I will go over his head to the boss of all the territory managers, and even to the head of the company If I have to.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

ImpassionedDuck843

I purchased this at the Champaign, Illinois store.