Bellevue, Washington
2.4K views 3 comments

Update by user Dec 08, 2014

Update,..Got a call on Sunday evening from store manager, Skyler, & delivery guy, will pick up furniture on Monday, i need to follow the delivery guys back to store after furniture has been put n computer as re stocked inventory, I will get my FULL REFUND.Well today they picked up furniture, furniture was re stocked in inventory at the store,I did as asked,once @the store, I was told it will be 10-14 days and my full refund would b issued in a ck???..i had got my mom some more furniture from another company, they had it on hold til I returned this afternoon with the money to pay for the furniture it would delivered tomorrow.

..Unfortunately due to American Freights negligence STORE POLICIES, when it comes to CUSTOMER SERVICE, taking responsibility, or making things right when they screw up..my disabled mom who has NO LIVINGROOM FURNITURE... have to sit n her wheelchair as her LIVING FURNITURE for 10-14 days...this is SOO UNEXCEPTIABLE!!...Yess I called Galvin, Yess Galvin called me back...NO RESOLUTION...we will see what tomorrow brings???...If I don't have my FULL REFUND by WEDNESDAY.

.."I will take other actions" BBB, and News stations will hear my & my mom's story!!!..I'VE TRULY HAVE HAD IT with American Freights...And my MOM,& I deserves BETTER RESULTS..than "It's COMPANY POLICIES"...What about CUSTOMER SERVICE???..What if this was YOUR MOM??..or YOU??..

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

They have NOT..corrected my issues. .STILL GETTING the run around, i spoke to the store manager Skyler on Tuesday, she claims her & Galvin the regional manager is working on a resolving this issue have given them to FRIDAY, to contact me with a resolution. ..or iam pursuing further action with the BBB & the news stations will get my story...I want the furniture I ordered or a FULL REFUND!!

Original review posted by user Dec 02, 2014

10-17-14.Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother.

.I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my brother so my mom could see what I had picked for her, she liked it so I put it on layaway for her....11/22/14 $758.00 @ 4:30pm...paid layaway off.Was suppose to be delivered that evening. @ 7pm called store to see what the delay was.. I was told there would be an $75 delivery fee(there drivers are contracted out)..I stated no one informed me of this, ..Salesman response was. "it's on the wall posted n the back???..REALLY???, I refused to pay it, asked for # main branch was given 740 833 5265 Galvin (Regional Manger)..He apologized hes solution gave me a 30% discount on delivery fee $50..was the fee i had to pay for delivery.if I wanted my mom's furniture delivered b4 Thanksgiving Holidays b4 family come n from out of state.

(I WAS VERY UPSET) with that solution, but my mom needed her furniture, cause we had thru the old furniture away. @ 9pm..get a call from Quez, salesman that driver NOT bringing furniture don't delivery after 9pm..and need directions to get to ur house...plus driver has returned to the store w/furniture and store is closed....I WAS FIT TO BE TIED!..After a few choice words of my own..Quez, stated Ms.Davidson, the driver will deliver furniture early am,he lives out ur way,and has furniture on truck..REALLY???..I hung up the phone....furniture WASN'T DELIVERED til 2pm the next day,...and IT WAS THE WRONG FURNITURE!!....I called the store told them this wasn't the furniture I ordered. .told to take a pic of the furniture and bring my receipt to the store..I did, I also still had the pictures of the CORRECT furniture I originally ordered. ..was told there was a mix up salesman entered WRONG item #, and what I originally ordered there was a $410 price difference n order to get what I ordered to began with...I REFUSED, that offer..I stated I want the furniture I originally ordered or refund my $754 back and come pick up that furniture I didn't order & I DON'T WANT!!..All sales are final NO REFUNDS..I was,told but Quez, salesman & Skyler store manager.

Skyler, finally said ok we don't have ur original furniture n store stock..but u can pick out another set.

..I picked out a set for $698...sofa & love seat only..After subtraction of $698 from $754...I was then told in order to get that set & delivered it will cost an extra $210 plus ANOTHER $25 fee for delivery and pick up other furniture???..I declined that offer.Iam NOT going to be FORCED to accept furniture I DON'T WANT,nor pay any more $$$, for American Freights mistake, ..I told by Skyler store manager, that it was,my responsibility to have got my 1st receipt of sale on 10-17-14 and walked back to the back and compared my item # with the furniture I picked out that the salesman put n the computer to make sure it was the correct item ## ..I yanked the my receipt out of her hand & walked out the store...I've called & called these people for resolution....NO RESPONSE....I will be taken further ACTION..With the BBB & news stations!!...They are NOT forcing me/my disabled mom to accept furniture she DIDN'T purchase or WANT...Furniture that was delivered is pictured are the last 2 pics that I Didn't order my original pics are too large and won't go on site but do have pics save n my phone

Review about: Sofa.

1.6
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with American Freight Furniture?

Comments

Medway, Ohio, United States #942969

Was your issue resolved?

I am a blogger and will be heading out to American Freight tomorrow (in Moraine, OH) with my husband to see how we're treated and how their service is.Based on the reviews, I'm not expecting much.

I do tell you this, however.

I *will* write about my experience on my blog, Tweet it to my thousands of followers, and quite possibly get my local news involved if the experience is a negative one.I have heard far too many negative things about this company and if I experience the same, I have a group of people in my community ready to talk about their experiences in hopes of a complete overhaul of the company.

to Anonymous #1073771

So...You're already aware of a reputation that'd lead a sensible consumer to FIND A BETTER COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS WITH..why?...

It appears you're only interested in whining online for attention (and fishing for freebies like most lower class "consumers")... This subculture of whiny low information shoppers is nothing but a waste of time; they're in every store starting drama, it's just so tacky!

Lesson: Make more informed decisions, and stop being so cheap.Cheap things are never nice...

chantel
to Anonymous Seattle, Washington, United States #1195704

Exactly, people that knowingly go to a crappy business and then complain about the lousy products, the snotty staff and terrible costumer service deserve what they get, ***. The only way to get a business to change is to not give them your money. They will eventually change or go out of business.