100% full Not resolved
1.6
Style and Design

I purchased a brand new couch and love seat (with a 5 year warranty) It said it was "real" leather, Which is a joke.I've had it for exactly four years and the last two years it's pretty much been trash, I just can't bring my self to throw it out b/c I spent 700.00 on it and it was my first purchase furniture for my first home.

The "leather" is completely peeled off and bubbled.It's a mess and embarrassing when we have company.When I called about the warranty they said anything more than a tear is excessive.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of american freight furniture warranty from American Freight Furniture and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $700 and wants American Freight Furniture to issue a partial refund.

Author liked the most idea of a warranty. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Freight Furniture for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with American Freight Furniture?

Comments

Had the same thing with Rooms To Go.

No kids.

No abuse.

Bad furniture.

Never again.

Disappointed in Tampa, FL

$700.00 IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT ONE PAYS FOR GENUINE LEATHER. THAT IS A CHEAP SOFA, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, BUT YOU CANNOT BE ANGRY AT THE STORE OR THE SALESPERSON...BE ANGRY WITH YOURSELF FOR NOT EDUCATING YOURSELF ON THE VARYING QUALITY AND PRICING OF FURNITURE IN GENERAL. A LESSON LEARNED, YES?

Arizona, United States #1009981

Before I tried complaining and getting them to fix it, I'd complain that you were scammed into buying something that you thought/was told was real leather!Real leather is going to cost way more than 700$ for both a couch AND a loveseat!

Plus, real leather isnt going to peel that way! You need to take your pictures, along with your bill of sale and go the "fraudulent sale" or "misinterpretation of product" or even.the whole "bait & switch method" (if.the product you seen in the store was.real leather)!

I'd say that's your best route to.go bc they are definitely going to stick with their "that's beyond normal wear and tear" line!Wishing you the best of luck!

to DeeRub21 #1011277

This is "real" leather - aka bonded leather.Bonded leather is, in fact, made from animal hides.

You are talking about full grain or top grain leather.It will not peel, and any good top grain leather couch/love seat generally costs more than $700.

And srsly, who falls for a five year warranty on garbage?