Bowling Green, Kentucky
100% full Not resolved

I purchased a brand new couch and love seat (with a 5 year warranty) It said it was "real" leather, Which is a joke.I've had it for exactly four years and the last two years it's pretty much been trash, I just can't bring my self to throw it out b/c I spent 700.00 on it and it was my first purchase furniture for my first home.

Related: American Freight Furniture - Review about Mattress from Mansfield, Ohio

The "leather" is completely peeled off and bubbled.It's a mess and embarrassing when we have company.When I called about the warranty they said anything more than a tear is excessive.

Review about: Simmons Leather Couch.

I liked: Idea of a warranty.

1.6
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $700
Preferred solution Price reduction

Had an Experience with American Freight Furniture?

Comments

Had the same thing with Rooms To Go.

No kids.

No abuse.

Bad furniture.

Never again.

Disappointed in Tampa, FL

$700.00 IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT ONE PAYS FOR GENUINE LEATHER. THAT IS A CHEAP SOFA, PLAIN AND SIMPLE, BUT YOU CANNOT BE ANGRY AT THE STORE OR THE SALESPERSON...BE ANGRY WITH YOURSELF FOR NOT EDUCATING YOURSELF ON THE VARYING QUALITY AND PRICING OF FURNITURE IN GENERAL. A LESSON LEARNED, YES?

DeeRub21
Arizona, United States #1009981

Before I tried complaining and getting them to fix it, I'd complain that you were scammed into buying something that you thought/was told was real leather!Real leather is going to cost way more than 700$ for both a couch AND a loveseat!

Plus, real leather isnt going to peel that way! You need to take your pictures, along with your bill of sale and go the "fraudulent sale" or "misinterpretation of product" or even.the whole "bait & switch method" (if.the product you seen in the store was.real leather)!

I'd say that's your best route to.go bc they are definitely going to stick with their "that's beyond normal wear and tear" line!Wishing you the best of luck!

to DeeRub21 #1011277

This is "real" leather - aka bonded leather.Bonded leather is, in fact, made from animal hides.

You are talking about full grain or top grain leather.It will not peel, and any good top grain leather couch/love seat generally costs more than $700.

And srsly, who falls for a five year warranty on garbage?